Oral and maxillofacial surgery focuses on soft tissue and dental hard tissue diseases and injuries that cause maxillofacial and oral disorders, developmental problems and functional disorders in mouth and jaw caused by these developmental problems.
What treatments do Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons apply?
- Impacted tooth extraction and extraction of a tooth that has lost tooth eruption potential with the open surgery procedure
- Assisting tooth eruption by opening the tissue layer on an impacted tooth,
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue lesions,
- Preparing the mouth before implants (correction of soft and hard tissues),
- Implant surgery,
- Vertical and horizontal bone deficiency treatments (augmentation with autografts or other allogenic – alloplastic grafts)